The baggage: what to take - what to leave...

I could recount a lengthy anecdote about a man I met on a bush walk some years ago. But I'll cut it short - he was heavily overloaded, and it turned out he was a cycle tourist. He had a huge pack, and brought along the gear he usually carried on his bike. I've long ago learned the hard lessons about overloading, so when I decided to take up cycle touring, I promised myself that I would not carry more on my bike than I would on my back.
A single large bag like my bush walking rucksack packs far more efficiently than multiple smaller bags, so if it fits in here...
Rucksack 70L + daypack attachment(not shown) 11L = 81L.
 It will fit in here (but only just)...
Back Rollers 40L + Front Rollers 25L + Rack Pack 24L + Bar Bag 7L = 96L


touring gear checklist

I use this checklist  to make sure I take what is needed (and only what is needed). If you think it useful you are very welcome to copy it.  

No comments: